Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I heart music. Just in case you haven't realized...

"No words. My tears won't make any room for more and it don't hurt like anything I've ever felt before. This is no broken heart, no familiar scars. This territory goes uncharted..." 
~~ Sara Bareilles


Music

I've kind of fallen in love with Sara Bareilles' music this past weekend. I bought two of her albums off of iTunes (Little Voice and Kaleidoscope Heart) and the two songs that pretty much describe my life right now are "Uncharted" and "City". What I love about her is that her lyrics are in no way superficial. You have to listen to them a few times to really understand the emotions and thoughts behind the song. And they're all not love songs. There are honestly too many of those in the world. 

Update on the Boy Crap

You know how I said I was getting over him? I kind of lied. I'm a mess. I'm thinking about him all the time and having these amazingly pathetic fantasies about every other fifteen minutes. And I've been absentmindedly convincing myself that he really does like me and is just too afraid of being rejected to say anything. Please, someone save me. I always do this to myself, set myself up to fall. 

You have know idea how badly I want all of my daydreams of him to be true, though. 

Choir & Voice Recital

(WARNING: If you aren't in choir or do anything that has to do with knowing musical vocabulary, you won't understand most of this.) I had my high school choir audition after school today. I had to sing a diatonic scale, a chromatic scale, "America", and do an 8 measure sight-reading piece. I did my diatonic perfectly and "America" went pretty well, I think. I messed up when I was going up on my chromatic scale, but I realized it and tried to fix it. I did pretty well on my sight-reading (my 8 measures was similar to what his seniors sight-read, he said), but I lost it on the very last measure with a do-la-do. >.< I wanted to go outside of my body and slap myself for screwing up such an easy interval. I'm such a perfectionist when it comes to choir and vocal stuff because I know my best is above average. So, yeah. I don't know what choir I'll be in (I'm hoping not the regular freshman choir), but I'm going to ask Mrs. Kelly and see when I'll find out and what he's planning on doing. 

I also had my voice recital today where I sang "Memory" from CATS. I haven't been feeling my best lately, so I don't think I sounded my best, but I hope I sounded at least decent.

--

Yup. Hope you enjoyed that little update-blurb-thingy. (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment